Easy Home Recipe Greg Latuperisa Homemade Sandwich Bread
This is an easy recipe, which can be made at home, and all can be done alone or with family.
(Easy Home Recipe BY: Greg Latuperisa)
Prep Time: 2 Hours 45 Minutes Cook Time: 25 Minutes Total Time: 3 Hours 10 Minutes
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 2-3/4 tsp yeast (1 packet + 1/2 tsp)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour OR bread flour
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 tsp salt
- Mix together the hot water (not scalding, but hot from the tap), sugar and yeast and stir. Let sit for about 10 minutes, allowing the yeast to “bloom”
- Dump this mixture into a stand mixer and mix in the vegetable oil, salt and the flour, one cup at a time, using your dough hook. Alternatively, you can use a hand mixer to combine the ingredients and then knead it by hand
- Continue mixing a few minutes until dough clings to the bread hook and doesn’t stick to the bowl. Mix another 3-4 minutes after the non-sticky dough is formed.
- Remove dough from hook, place dough ball in a bowl and cover with a light kitchen towel. Let rise in a draft-free area for approximately 1.5 hours or until the dough doubles in size.
- Punch down, shape into an oval loaf-like shape and turn the seams under.
- Place in a greased loaf pan; cover loosely with plastic wrap (spray it with cooking oil first if you’re worried about it sticking).
- Let dough rise a second time until almost doubled – approximately one hour.
- Bake in loaf pan approximately 25 minutes at 350 degrees