Easy Home Recipe Greg Latuperisa Coffee Cake
This is an easy recipe, which can be made at home, and all can be done alone or with family.
(Easy Home Recipe BY: Greg Latuperisa)
Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 1 Hour 5 Minutes Total Time: 1 Hour 25 Minutes
- 1 c. unsalted butter, softened
- 2-3/4 c. sugar, divided
- 4 large eggs
- 1 T. pure vanilla extract
- 3 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 c. sour cream
- 2 T. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 10″ tube pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter and 2 cups of the sugar on medium to medium-high speed until light fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Then beat in vanilla.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to the butter and sugar mixture, alternating with sour cream, beating just enough after each addition to keep batter smooth.
- With a spatula, transfer a third of the batter into prepared tube pan and level it out.
- In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining 3/4 cup of sugar, and sprinkle a third of this cinnamon sugar mixture over batter in pan. Repeat layers two more times, alternating batter and cinnamon sugar, ending with a layer of cinnamon sugar on top.
- Bake for 60 to 65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center just comes out clean.
- Cool for 30 to 45 minutes. Then cut around the pan edges with a knife and remove cake from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.