Cookie Dough S’mores
YIELDS: 4, PREP TIME: 0 HOURS 20 MINS, TOTAL TIME: 2 HOURS 20 MINS
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 c. mini chocolate chips
- 20 jumbo marshmallows
- 2 large Hershey’s chocolate bars, split into two
- Make cookie dough: In a stand mixer, beat butter, sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Add flour and salt and beat until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Line an 8″-x-8″ baking dish with parchment paper so there’s an overhang. Transfer half the cookie dough to the parchment paper and pat down so it creates a thin even layer. Cover with another piece of parchment, leaving an overhang, and repeat with remaining cookie dough. Transfer to the freezer until firm, 2 hours.
- Remove pan from freezer and separate layers of cookie dough. Cut into eight large squares.
- Over a flame on the stove or under the broiler in an oven, toast marshmallows.
- Sandwich chocolate and marshmallows in between two squares of cookie dough